Here’s a soft sculpture I’ve made that is a great example of how over-the-top I am when it comes to beading. I designed and developed the pattern for Angel of Sorrow myself. It took several prototypes to get to a horse shape that I really liked, but it was worth the effort.
I originally planned for this piece to stand on its own, so I included an armature (wire in the legs). Unfortunately, the wire I chose was much too weak to support the weight of the finished product. I didn’t realize how many beads I was going to be putting on this or how heavy they would be.
Fortunately, the wings were always part of the design, so hanging it for display made perfect sense. I still wish I’d gotten the armature right, but I love how this turned out.